Give Thanks


Giving Thanks

When was the last time you thanked someone?  Do you do it often? Recently I was asked to cover the library for a couple of periods while our librarian hosted an author's visit.  It was unexpected but sometimes is part of the job as a coach. The next day the librarian brought me a plant as a thank you.  It was such a sweet gesture, one I truly appreciated and one that doesn't happen every day.

We all appreciate when a family member, a colleague or a member of our social media PLN does (or says) something that makes our day brighter, better or easier.  But we often don't take the time to say thank you to them.  Sure, we may think about how awesome they are but we usually are so busy we don't take a few minutes to let them know.

As a coach, I spend a lot of time presenting technology project ideas to teachers (and a bit of prodding, too). Even though these projects benefit their students I understand that for some it doesn't come easily and I want to acknowledge their effort.  When I do so it's because I want to, not because I have to.  It takes my personal time and my own money but I feel a sense of satisfaction from showing gratitude to my colleagues. While I'm often not thanked I still think it's important as a coach that is always working on relationships.  But I have to say, it sure was nice to be on the receiving end this time.

Following are some examples of ways I've thanked my teachers for participating in projects. They all seem to involve candy....(yes, I get to keep the leftovers!).

And while we're at it, THANKS for reading :)

Obviously....students wrote 6 Word Memoirs! 

Thank you Pinterest for making me look creative!
       


Snickers and Wintergreen mints don't necessarily go together but hey- it works!


Who doesn't love bubble gum?!
My Google Draw creation was a bit snarky but worked with the gum!































These Google Certified Educator pictures came with candy that was wrapped in Google's primary colors!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water the Flowers, Not the Rocks: Tips from 10 Years of Instructional Coaching

Understanding Plagiarism

ChatGPT for Educators